Becoming Micro-Famous: How To Be Well-Known in your Chosen Niche
Written by Life Coaching Blog on August 29, 2020
Being famous doesn’t mean that you have to necessarily let the whole world know that you are a highly successful person. If you find the task of becoming famous too daunting, the good news is that you only need to make the right people know that you are successful in a specific niche and you already achieved what you are aiming for.
An example of this is that if you work as a real estate broker, you will want to let the right people know about what you do so you can get more clients in that specific area, in the right moment of their lives without defusing your impact in a larger group of people who are not actually your potential clients.
If you are currently a realtor in San Diego, it won’t matter much to anyone in this city if, in Portugal, people consider you a household name. But when you are striving for fame to become famous as a realtor in your area, this will make all the difference in the world.
Fortunately, becoming famous on a micro-scale is easier than you think!
Here are some steps that will make your name known to the right people:
- Specialize in one area. It can be easy if you are extremely good at doing something. You can find it easier if you can make that something specific to your niche.
- An example of this is going back to the San Diego real estate example above; you wouldn’t want to be only considered as a general realtor in San Diego. Instead, you want to be someone that specializes in looking at high-end beachfront properties in San Diego.
- Know the audience that you should target. Ask yourself questions such as, what will your ideal client look like? Or who are the people you are trying to serve? Make a composite of people that you would want to know about you and your services. Should they be of a certain age? Are you targeting male, female, or both? What should their income level be? What should be their profession? What hobbies should they be engaging in?
- It would be best if you were detailed but not too much other than what’s necessary. The point is that you just need to know the right people who can benefit from your services.
- Don’t bother wasting time on those people who aren’t part of your niche.
- It would help if you rose above the noise. Ask questions such as what are the needs of your audience? What are the problems that they all have in common? You can center your message around their needs and let them know about your abilities to solve them.
- Noise is defined as a non-meaningful message. What you should do is to provide a meaningful message to your audience.
- Be considered as an authority to your chosen niche. When people are trying to solve their problems, they would want an expert on their side. But how does a person with an untrained eye spot an expert? Know that these people are not experts themselves in a specific niche, or they wouldn’t need your services. You can consider some of these ideas that you should look at if you have the role of an expert:
- Provide content to ready-made audiences. Other people have already gotten the attention of the potential people that they want to reach out to. You can try writing guest posts for blogs of these people. Another thing that you can do is to become a guest on podcasts.
- Become a teacher in online classes. You can create a course and put them on popular teaching websites such as Udemy.com. Everyone will assume that you are an expert in a specific field if you are teaching about it.
- Put content on your website or social media regularly. It would be best if you were consistent when it comes to posting, so you should stick to a schedule whenever it’s possible.
- Use sites like LinkedIn.com. You should update your profile once in a while. Make sure to use all the features available on sites such as LinkedIn.com so that you can post content.
- Write Books. It’s not as daunting as it looks. Starting to write a few pages a day can result in a completed book in just six weeks. You don’t have to spend money when you start writing books for Kindle. Nowadays, it can be hard to find an expert who is respected in his niche if he hasn’t written a book.
- Be friends with other well-known experts and professionals in your chosen niche. You can be famous by just associating yourself with other experts in your field. You can interview these professionals. Contribute valuable guest posts on their website. Ask them to write an introduction to your book.
Becoming a famous individual has a lot of benefits. You can see the benefits for yourself if you become famous, especially in your chosen niche. The world of your niche can be quite small, so it’s easier to start being famous than becoming a renowned individual in general.
For some people, a little bit of fame will go a long way in building their businesses and careers. You don’t need to be a household name. Just a little bit of reputation is already enough.