What is a Life Coach and How to Know if You Need One
Written by Life Coaching Blog on August 22, 2020
It is common for people to hear athletes have coaches who help them with training. Many business owners and executives have mentors where they get the support they need. What is a Life Coach? Is someone on your side, who works in partnership with you maximize your potential and find your own answers to live your life to the fullest.
Most people may have spent many years in school, but they were not taught how to succeed. Life coaches fill this gap because they help you set goals, determine the things you need to do for you to consider yourself successful, and draw a roadmap that will help you achieve small victories each day that leads toward the completion of your bigger goals.
Various Roles of Life Coaches
- Life coaches are your loudest and best cheerleader. Your life can become a lot easier if someone is always there beside you. If you know that you are getting the support that you need, you can tackle harder challenges, take more risks, and chase goals that will require your everything. Expect that you’ll have someone you can rely on and trust when you have a life coach.
- -Your coach will push you to perform beyond your limits. They have a lot of experience knowing when people aren’t giving it their all, and they know when their clients are trying to avoid painful situations. Sometimes, temporary pain can result in long-lasting pleasure, and your coaches know that when you push hard to reach your goals today, you can reap the benefits later on.
- They provide you with proper guidance. It is hard to make decisions, especially if you are faced with uncertainty and fear. And for the record, not all people are good when it comes to making decisions, period. Life coaches are there to make sure that all your choices are wise and beneficial for your life.
- If you need guidance from friends and family, they might not give you an objective one or they would not be completely honest with you. However, your coach will see all aspects of your life, and he will try to evaluate your choices so that you can think about the best decisions you should make. You will hear everything from your coach, including the painful truth.
- Life coaches can guide you with your future. Regardless if you are 18 or 70, your life coach will help you determine your next steps. Your mentor can help you move forward if you are stuck. Whether you decide on your next career move, change of jobs, or build a new business, they will be there to provide you with helpful insights if you are feeling stagnant.
- You will live a more balanced life when you have a life coach. Most people are trying to juggle everything, such as wanting to have more money and having perfect beach bodies. But there should be more to life than those things, and you should keep your life in balance. Some of the things you need to consider are your health, relationships, career, spirituality, finances, and leisure activities. You need to know your priorities on each of them to have a balanced life.
- Most life coaches can help you with several areas of your life, including:
- Career and work
- Finding your ultimate purpose
- Achieve financial freedom
- Creating more time for yourself
- Follow a training or exercise routine
- Becoming an entrepreneur and starting a business
- Life coaches are not therapists. It is important to remember that life coaches are not therapists. The therapists are known to deal with trauma, depression, and other past issues that were not resolved until now. On the other hand, the best life coaches are the ones who will work on your present to give you more success in your future endeavors. Life coaches are not the right people to help you with painful events such as bullying in school. On the other hand, your mentor will guide you to build a more desirable future for your life.
- A Cerfified Life Coach? There are organizations that provide life coaching training and accreitations, but the profession is not regulated yet. What you need to do then is to research and ask around if you are considering a life coach. Since anyone can technically become a life coach and the entry barriers in this field are low, you need to look for the best ones out there; for that reason, training, accreditations and verifiable credentials are more important than in any other area.
- What you can do is read reviews and schedule an interview session with your chosen life coach. A few minutes into the interview can help you determine whether these people are an excellent fit for your personality and the things that you need to do. You need to choose carefully
So, have you decided whether you need a life coach? Most coaches won’t solve your problems for you, but they can help you to become a better person so that you will be able to help yourself in the face of many challenges. They are a steady cheerleader that will support you in all you do, and they will make a big difference in your life. Although there are good and bad life coaches, you need to find one that will help you meet your needs in the best way possible.